Pella has a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Danville. Whether that’s through our internal business practices or providing energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits no matter the season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on specific climates. The options below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Visit your Danville Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass choices or our best product for the Danville region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass provides more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella uses it between our glass panes to offer additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Danville Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.