Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your space. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something vibrant to express your personality, you’re bound to discover an idea here! Here are a few tips to fancy up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room feel bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a dash of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that covers your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love sprucing things up for the season, or just like to change things up a lot, try switching out the curtains in your main living space. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having trouble finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t confine yourself to traditional window curtains. Try looking at tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and elegant look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To liven up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You can use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.