The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated part of your home’s windows. They provide you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the number of styles and colors offered, you can find a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you are able to swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to offer more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve taken a look at a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges surrounding window grilles.
- While there are a number of
designs available, some homeowners feel that some grille styles can obstruct their
view of the outdoors.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that is cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that feature grilles are typically more pricey than those that don’t feature grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to purchase replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles may be a great addition to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to think about, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find precisely what you’re searching for. Of course, with the number of products available, we suggest dropping by our Danville showroom, giving us a call at 217-443-3355 or setting up an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.