Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Danville, IL Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – few things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Danville. And with a little spring-cleaning, those windows will shimmer, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another type, no one likes streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a few of these cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s more enjoyable to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is correctly cleaned, so use that cloudy day to get your cleaning over with.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see the results.
- Always clean from the top when washing your windows. Doing so makes sure the excess drips don’t head to the part of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and put it at the bottom of the window to gather any drips to keep them from getting on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips slipped through, it will help shield the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the team at Pella Windows and Doors can help provide proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drive by the showroom in Danville today and check out which line of products are best for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.