Ready for a warm new look? Try a wood front door
Winters in Danville can bring a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home during this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are made to complement your home and insert warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Danville collection offers a different style for your Danville home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for an everlasting look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection offers simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to your space with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they walk up to your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that you have a better understanding of the types of wooden doors available to you from Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is best for your space? There are many advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are some things to think about:
- Because the doors are constructed from wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door unique. You can also showcase your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors commonly require an overhang, so you will want to take that into consideration for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even decrease noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in a variety of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It is also easy to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for added light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the greatest door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are less of a hassle to repair. However, to keep the doors looking their best, they require regular painting or varnishing on a frequent basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your space, talk to our Pella Windows and Doors team about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Danville showroom or book an appointment with us online.