Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Danville and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Danville winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Danville experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Danville.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Danville a call at 217-443-3355 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.