Looking for New Windows in Your Danville, IL Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When buying windows for your restoration or new construction project, you most likely want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you make this important decision, ponder these facts:
- Windows can dramatically change the interior and exterior look and feel of your Danville area home.
- The windows you pick can make a positive difference in your home’s comfort level and energy costs.
- The construction of your windows can have a significant impact on the overall value of your Danville area home if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to explore the style and function selections available, you will be pleased with your purchase and enjoy the pleasure of looking through your new windows for many years.
What items should you contemplate when purchasing replacement windows for your Danville home?
- What do they look like? Remember that you’re going to view your replacement windows most often from the inside of your home, not the outside. Stand inside and study the view carefully; will the type of window and color fit with your home’s current style? Will you be able to easily open the window for cleaning? Can light flow into the home? And don’t forget to stand outside from several different viewing positions to properly judge if the style of replacement window you are considering works with the architecture of your Danville home.
- How much expected energy savings can I expect with these windows? Get the data relating to your windows that impact their energy efficiency. Specifics to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values grade the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Identify efficiency ratings before you purchase a window to help reduce heating and cooling expenses and maximize your investment.
- Will your new windows operate as you expect them to? Just like purchasing a new automobile, it is important to try out the functionally of any window before you choose one. Does the window open and close smoothly? How much effort does it take to clean the window? Does the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window coverings undisturbed? If the window will be an emergency exit in case of fire, make sure it opens easily and provides an adequately-sized opening.
- Who will install the windows? Installing your windows is either blended with the overall purchase price or requires an outside contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- How will you maintain your windows? The weather in the Danville area changes often. Wind, rain, sun and snow can have a negative impact on the appearance of the glass, especially on low quality windows. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles in order for you to easily clean your windows and allow them to look great for many years to come.
- What color and hardware options are available? Color selection reflects your style and adds to the overall appeal of your Danville home. Some manufacturers offer few exterior color options. Identify what restrictions are in place for the windows you are considering. In addition, there are plenty of option to coordinate window hardware with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinetry hardware, faucets and other fixtures.
- How much does a quality window cost? The philosophy ”you get what you pay for” applies to many products, and windows are no exception. The lowest priced windows may not be your best buy. A quality window will be energy efficient and offer years of beauty and performance.
We invite you to visit Pella at the Danville area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 217-443-3355.