In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your home. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for a long time.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 217-443-3355, check out our Danville showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.