How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Danville
Fall is upon us in Danville, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Danville a call at 217-443-3355 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!