2016 Home Design Trends
With the investment of renovation and redecoration, it is essential to find timeless looks that express your style in a practical way. 2016 is the year to bring back indispensable top trends for your living space.
- Patterned Pops: Print objects spice up solids and
minimalism design. You can utilize a patterned
couch as a big
statement in a neutral room. If you want something more understated,
use a patterned curtain over wood windows to create a tasteful
accent. Fabric wall art is also becoming very popular,
another exciting choice for pattern inspiration.
- Mismatched and Moveable: If you are feeling burnt out on
the design in your spaces, try rearranging pieces you already have from different rooms around your home.
materials are a major trend
this year. Match your modern minimalism pieces in a room with rustic wood windows
and floors for a restorative renovation on a low
- Mid-Century to Millennial: Arcs are on the rise from the past. Mix
in the mid-century
feel using interior design pieces,
like tables and chairs. Feeling bold? Install
arced wood windows to go the extra mile for the eclectic and fun trend.
- Neutral is Now: Creams, greys, blacks, alabasters and ivories are on-trend this year. Keep your home calm and collected with soft
tones of organic
colors. If you think neutral color schemes
are uninteresting, think again. Add some charm
with neutral tiles, pillows or flowers. Painting a wooden window black in an all-white room is also a large
statement this year.
- Optimize and Open: It is the year to toss the clutter. An open space is a must to unwind and breathe in your special place. Whether you are overlooking a city or the countryside, oversized windows will permit natural light, and less walls will give you an open feel to your space. Emphasize minimalism and tech-less areas; instead, filling your space with peaceful pieces.
We can turn the 2016 trends into a reality for your home, tailored to fit your desires perfectly. We can help you figure out your window and door needs to complement these 2016 trends. Simply contact Pella Windows and Doors at 217-443-3355 or come to our Danville showroom to see how we can help implement this year’s trends.